As I was sipping my coffee this morning, the most beautiful cardinal landed right outside my kitchen window. As I watched that tiny flash of red hop around my patio I was struck by God’s gift as a talented artist. It reminded me that His creativity demonstrated through creation is one of my favorite things about Him.
That got me thinking about other things I love about God. The list got long in a hurry and before I knew it I was worshipping God for all He is and does and promises to do in the future. Here’s my top 10 favorite things about Him.
1. He is a talented artist/Creator.
2. He knit me together intentionally in my mother’s womb and that He created even my inmost parts.
3. He divided time into day and night. I am so glad my life isn’t just one long day!
4. He created us to need sleep. I love sleep.
5. He made so much tasty food. He could have just made it all the same flavor.
6. He had a plan to save me from my sin before the foundations of the world.
7. He is too mysterious for me to figure out completely.
8. Even though He doesn’t need me, he still chooses to use me to accomplish His work in the lives of others.
9. He is my coming King!
10. His love for me is not dependant on my love for Him.
How about you? What is your favorite thing about God? What promises from Scripture make you love Him most? What is it about Him that is so much better than all that this world has to offer?
Share your top 10 favorite things about God right here.