I know we haven’t even unwrapped a single Christmas gift, yet (except maybe some of you peekers!) but I’m already thinking about the new year. That’s because each year, as we turn the calendar, I see a window of opportunity to encourage you to make big changes. Specifically, I want you to latch on to God’s Word with greater passion, consistency, and commitment than you ever have before.
That’s why we will dedicate the entire month of January to answering questions like:
- Why do I read the Bible?
- How do I read the Bible?
- When do I read the Bible?
If I could wave a magic wand and ratchet up your passion for God’s Word, I would! In fact, if you find one of those magic wands, please place it under my Christmas tree! In the meantime, I know the best way to get you excited about something is to invite you in to the conversation.
So . . . I need to hear from you as I plan posts for the new year. Here are two ways you can get involved.
Tell Me Who Inspires You!
Who is your favorite Bible teacher? Is there a Christian author or celebrity you’d love to hear from? Is there a book that has deepened your understanding of God’s Word?
Tell me about it!
I won’t promise that I can get David Crowder or Tim Tebow to write a post for our blog, but I will promise to try! Who do you want to hear from on the subject of God’s Word? Leave me a comment below with your answer.
Become a LiesYoungWomenBelieve.com Guest Blogger!
I know that many of you are already excited about God’s Word. That makes you the best people to write about how to get other girls excited about it too. So, for the next few weeks, we will be accepting guest posts from you! If we use your post, we will send you a free copy of Lies Young Women Believe (and give you lots and lots of virtual high fives!).
Here are the specifics:
1. All posts must be submitted by December 31. No late entries will be accepted.
2. Send posts to firstname.lastname@example.org with LYWB.com guest post in the subject line.
3. Here are the guidelines our blog team uses. Please keep them in mind as you write.
- Shorter is better. It is our goal to keep our posts around 500 words for written posts and under two minutes for video blogs.
- We take a “big sister” approach. We want to be talking to readers, not at them.
- Always point them to God’s Word. His Truth matters so much more than our opinions.
4. We want posts on the subject of God’s Word. I am sure there are many things you can write about, but stick to helping us have a passion for the Bible please.
5. We may not be able to use all posts, but we promise to read them all!
I can’t wait to hear from you. I’m on the edge of my seat waiting to see what God will do with us in the new year!