I was at a wedding recently and noticed how beautiful the wedding cake was. It not only looked good, it tasted good, too.
But the cake didn’t start out that way. Days before the wedding it was nothing more than a pile of flour, sugar, eggs, butter, etc. In order to get the amazing end result displayed at the wedding reception, someone had to carefully follow directions on the recipe. If anything was left out or if too much of one ingredient was added, the cake would have been a flop.
Real life works the same way. Right now, you’re putting certain ingredients into your life. You see an older, godlier women and hope you’ll turn out like her someday. But are you using the right ingredients to get there? Are you following God’s recipe for a godly and successful girl? Or are you filling your heart and mind with worldly ingredients?
When I was younger, a lady told my mom that she wanted her daughter to turn out just like me someday. As the years passed, her daughter took a very different path than what her mom had hoped for. What happened? The daughter wasn’t putting the right ingredients into her life when she was young to get the result of a godly woman when she was older. Becoming a successful godly girl isn’t going to happen by default.
Right Results = Right Ingredients
Maybe you’re excited about using the right ingredients to becoming a godly girl, but aren’t sure where to start. Here are five ingredients every godly girl needs.
- Know your Savior. Make a schedule, and set aside special time each day to study your Bible and talk to God. Proverbs are a great place to start, because there is one chapter for every day of the month.
- Serve your family. Jesus was the ultimate example of a servant, and He calls us to become like Him. Look for ways to serve your parents and siblings each day.
- Fill your mind with truth. Most of the mainstream media doesn’t promote biblical truth. Choose to substitute your secular media choices for God-honoring choices.
- Read challenging books. Create a book list, and commit to reading several pages a day from a solid Christian book. In fact, you can enter to win a free book every Friday right here on the blog.
- Avoid self-promotion. We live in a culture that encourages an all-about-me, selfie kind of mindset. Avoid the selfie lifestyle, and instead focus your attention on building deep and meaningful relationships with your family and friends.
A Bible verse that has really challenged me in this area is Colossians 3:1–2: “If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.”
That verse gives incredible insight on becoming a godly woman. You have to set your mind on God’s Word. You have to know what God loves. You have to read and obey His Word.
Just like the wedding cake needed the correct ingredients, you need the correct ingredients as well. Great news! You have the recipe for success—it’s God’s Word. You can start your journey toward becoming a godly woman today.
Make it Personal
- What ingredients are you putting into your life right now?
- In five years, will you be a godlier girl because of what you’re doing in your life today?
Love this post? Share it! Here’s a tweet you can totally steal from us:
Five ingredients you need to be a godly girl! Today on @lywbblog.