I know it’s only November 5, and I pinky promise that my Christmas decor is still safely packed away in storage. I haven’t strung any lights on any trees or hung any stockings . . . but the countdown is on.
Just in case you were wondering . . .
- We’re just seventeen days away from Thanksgiving.
- And that means there’s only eighteen days until I’m allowed to hit play on the Christmas music! (It’s a self-imposed rule.)
- Perhaps that also means we have just eighteen days until Starbucks’ Christmas Blend is available in their drive-thru?! (There’s just something about that dark roast—in a red cup—that makes me all kinds of festive!)
- And we are only twenty-six days away from December 1 . . . the beginning of Advent!
- We’re a cool fifty days away from Christmas. (This is where you insert that Buddy the Elf gif, right?)
- There’s only ONE day until Notre Dame men’s basketball tips off in South Bend. (It’s the most wonderful time of the year!)
Whoa, I’m getting lost in the excitement! The important thing I’m trying to tell you is this: Advent begins in twenty-six days, and Revive Our Hearts has just released a brand-new devotional to help you focus on our Savior this season!
The First Songs of Christmas is a 31-day Advent devotional written by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth. (It’s a devo that we think is best enjoyed beside a lit Christmas tree with a cup of peppermint cocoa steaming nearby!)
So we’re inviting you to join us this Advent. Before December sneaks up and we get lost in seas of hot cocoa and tangles of twinkle lights, we can instead plan ahead to seek Jesus’ face intentionally. Grab your Bible, light a scented candle, and enjoy The First Songs of Christmas along with us.
You can order a copy of the devotional here and join the community of women walking through this study together! To help you savor Advent with others, we’ve created a unique blog experience for the month of December. Like the daily Advent calendar you may have loved as a kid, the FirstSongsofChristmasBlog.com will deliver a daily dose of wonder with excerpts from the devotional plus a holiday recipe, story, song, or DIY project. The experience begins December 1st!
A Peek Behind the Scenes
As the Revive Our Hearts social media manager, I’m privileged to work on fun marketing projects like this one. Just a couple weeks ago, some of my work dreams came true. I teamed up with a few coworkers for a festive photoshoot complete with Christmas cookies, a white flocked tree, cozy sweaters, and Christmas tunes (yup, I broke my rule in October!). We decked the halls and snapped all manner of photos with this new Advent devotional.
Here’s a little sneak peek. (Shhhh, don’t tell anyone. This is kind of like opening gifts before Christmas morning!)
Let the Advent Countdown Begin!
Even though it’s not Christmas time here on the blog yet, I just had to drop in with this taste of Christmas spirit.
And even better, here’s an early gift!
We’re giving away five copies of The First Songs of Christmas! Log into the giveaway widget below, then comment and share your favorite Christmas carol.
We hope you’ll join the Advent chorus this December. Twenty-six days . . . and counting!