Do you struggle to get motivated to read your Bible? Do you hear others talk about all that God is teaching them in Bible study, and feel like you’re missing the boat? Do you sit down to read your Bible but find yourself easily distracted? Do you wonder if it is possible to have consistent, meaningful quiet time?
I certainly understand the power of God’s Word.
In fact, Hebrews 4:12 tells us, “for the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” Psalm 199:105 calls it a “lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” In Psalm 119:11 we are told to hide God’s Word in our hearts that we might not sin against Him.
Studying God’s Word really matters. But, if you’re like me, you find yourself easily sidetracked, often distracted, and inconsistent in this area.
That’s why all this month I will be writing about getting into the Word and getting the Word into you. Here’s a preview:
- I already issued a 30-day challenge asking readers to commit to reading their Bible every day for the next 30 days. Participants will use this blog to encourage each other and share what they’re learning from the Word all month. You can take that challenge here.
- Next week Nancy will begin a radio series on this topic. I will post portions of her teaching on this blog.
- I will be journaling about what I am learning during my personal devotion time all month. I will put those journal entries on this blog. I would love for you to also share what God is teaching you through His Word.
- I will be giving away free resources all month. You never know when I will have a study Bible, Bible study, or book to offer. Check back often for your chance to get these Bible study tools into your own hands.
In the meantime, here are some questions to get this conversation started.
- What is your favorite place to study God’s Word?
- What is your favorite book in the Bible? Why?
- What most consistently distracts you from reading the Bible?