Friends, excitement has been brewing over here on the LYWB.com and Revive Our Hearts teams because of our new Bible study, Elizabeth: Dealing with Disappointment, and the release of the Women of the Bible podcast on February 4. (This coming Monday!)
We’ve been letting you know that this six-week Bible study about disappointment is available, but in case you aren’t yet convinced that this study is for you, I’m here to fix that today.
This study will first and foremost get you digging into the Word, and that’s always an amazing thing.
Second of all, if you’re wrestling with hurts and unfulfilled longings that are weighing on your heart, this study will absolutely be an encouragement and the major source of Truth that you’re needing!
Take a look at five of my favorite quotes from Elizabeth.
- The disappointments you face today may feel major or minor. You may have wrestled with an unfulfilled longing for decades or just since you woke up this morning. In any case, know that God is paying attention. He listens to your longings. Take hope in this: Elizabeth’s longings were not insignificant. They were the canvas God used to paint a magnificent masterpiece.
- Our worries, fears, longings, and deep sighs . . . God invites us to give them to Him. Why? Because He cares for us deeply.
- You and I will always have unfulfilled longings this side of heaven. Living righteously doesn’t mean we won’t face disappointments. If we had all our longings fulfilled down here on earth, we wouldn’t continue to long for a better place, our heart’s ultimate home.
- When faith in God’s providence feels like a long road, we may come to the crossroads of hope and despair many times. Each intersection is an opportunity to renew our faith in God’s promises and choose to take the next step of obedience.
- As followers of Christ, we are ambassadors of hope. We know that Christ is sovereign over every unfulfilled longing and that He alone is able to redeem every disappointment caused by sin and brokenness.
So good, am I right?
I’d love to see hundreds of our readers grabbing a copy of Elizabeth—click right here!—and tuning into the podcast for six weeks. A new episode will drop each week, staring Monday, February 4!
But we can’t wait to get this study into some of your hands. That’s right, it’s giveaway time! We’ve got TEN copies to send to ten of you!
Here’s how to enter:
- Log into the giveaway widget below.
- Leave a comment telling us why you’d like to win a copy of Elizabeth OR which of those five quotes stood out to you the most!
Happy entering, friends!
a Rafflecopter giveaway