- Have you watched this video over on Revive Our Hearts YouTube page yet? For the past twelve years, Sarah and her mom, Sherry, have been walking a hard road filled with chronic pain. When I saw their story, I wept. Praise God that as Sarah and Sherry started listening to the Revive Our Hearts podcast, they were encouraged by the daily messages of solid biblical encouragement. There are so many other mother-daughter duos like Sherry and her mom who are desperate for Truth in the midst of heartbreakingly difficult circumstances: you and I have an opportunity to help them hear it.
- “Christmastime is filled with celebration and joy. We blare the peppy Christmas tunes, indulge in our favorite treats, and decorate our homes to the hilt with twinkling lights and garland. But beneath all the festivity, you might be experiencing feelings that aren’t so merry and bright. Sometimes, the holiday season can dig up buried hurts and fears, causing us to feel particularly lonely, depressed, or restless. . . . Friend, these desires of ours aren’t unnatural or uncommon. You’re not alone in wrestling with those feelings.” Here’s what you can do when Christmas meets your unmet longings.
- True Woman blogger and author Kelly Needham is a guest on the latest episode of the Java with Juli podcast, and it’s such a good interview! Dr. Juli Slattery and Kelly discuss some of the themes from Kelly’s new book: do you know to discern the difference between true friendship and relationships that are merely friend-ish? Tune into the episode, and ask God to show you which friend would be encouraged to receive a copy of the book this Christmas!
- I’ve been thinking about these words from Vaneetha Rendall Risner all week: “Everything that is happening to me is to make me more Christlike. Nothing is excluded. Joy and pain. Peace and turmoil. Fullness and emptiness. Suffering and ease. People who love and care for me. And people who hurt or ignore me. . . . When we lose what is most dear to us on earth, we value our heavenly Father’s embrace even more. His embrace is more dear, more precious, more spectacular than anything we could possibly have lost.” Yes!
- “’Tis the season for sipping something hot, frothy, and utterly scrumptious from a giant, festive mug. Our blogger team is full of coffee and tea lovers, so we’re sharing some of our favorite holiday drinks—and recipes!” Whether you prefer a pumpkin spice latte or a warm cup of wassail, these holiday sips may be just what you need to finish up studying for those final exams and begin your Christmas break!
Listings here do not imply endorsement of all writings and positions of the individuals mentioned.