- Two of my favorite things in the world popped up on a True Woman blog post this week: stories about God’s faithfulness and a book giveaway! Next month, Nancy and Robert Wolgemuth’s first book together, You Can Trust God to Write Your Story: Embracing the Mysteries of Providence, releases, and we want to hear from you about this topic! Fill out the form at the bottom of the post to share how you have experienced God’s Providence in your life. Your story may show up in an upcoming blog post (or lead to a follow-up interview). When you hit submit, you will be entered to win one of five copies of You Can Trust God to Write Your Story! Woohoo!
- “My day-to-day opportunity is to bear witness to God—right where I’m at, no matter what’s happening. Full stop.” If you need this reminder from Aila Joy as much as I do, put it on a Post-it note and carry it with you everywhere you go this week, and while you do, ask yourself: “What has God tasked me with for today? What thanks can I give?” What faithfulness rests in my now with chores to be done and homework to complete? How do I abide?
- “Their ages: 94 and 84. They have been friends, Sunday school members, and sisters in the faith for years. And now they were saying goodbye. . . Through tears, the younger of the two smiled: ‘We’ll meet again in Heaven.’ They squeezed each others’ hands knowingly.” You may be walking alongside a family member or friend at church for whom heaven is a near reality. Melissa Edgington says this is a blessing: “Perhaps there is no greater hope in the Christian faith than the hope of one who recognizes that she is running her final miles toward glory.”
- “Ours is an all-in kind of faith,” says True Woman blogger Christy Britton. This week, she’s over at Gospel-Centered Discipleship writing about how, as Christians, it is all too easy to become ensnared by a laid-back approach to God and His ways: “Words are easy and require little of us. But zeal and devotion aren’t cheap.” As Christy says, “ Love for our Father prohibits casual worship.” May we boldly proclaim our rally cry, “We are all in with Christ!”
- I’ve been so excited about the brand new Give Me Jesus Journal that I put the release day on my calendar! The team at Well-Watered Women has recently updated this classic quiet time resource to make it an even better tool to use in our daily Bible studies. You’ll love their mission—they want to equip women to “know Christ fully through the Word of God and apply the glory of the gospel to everyday life.” If you’re interested in ordering the journal, they are offering a free bookmark if you order today!
Listings here do not imply endorsement of all writings and positions of the individuals mentioned.