Yesterday, I gave you 10 truths straight from the Word of God specifically designed to give you hope when your emotions have deceived you. Here are seven more.
1. When you feel like you don’t know where to turn for help and advice.
The Truth: God’s Word is sufficient to lead you, teach you, and heal you.
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7
He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. Psalm 107:20
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
2. When you feel like God is asking you to do something that is impossible.
The Truth: Through the power of His Holy Spirit, God will enable you to do anything he commands you to do.
He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:24
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
3. When you feel that your choices today don’t really matter.
The Truth: Your choices today will affect your future.
Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Galatians 6:7-8
4. When you feel that submission to an authority will steal your freedom.
The Truth: The greatest freedom you can experience is found my submitting to God-ordained authority.
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient. Titus 3:1
5. When you feel like giving up on the church.
The Truth: You need the church.
There are many parts, yet one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, I have no need of you, nor again the head to the feed, I have no need of you…that there may be o division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 1 Corinthians 12:20-21,25
Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10:25
6. When you feel that a career is more rewarding and valuable than marriage and motherhood.
The Truth: In the will of God, there is no higher, holier calling than to be a wife and mother.
Train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. Titus 2:4-5
7. When you feel you need more “things” and are consumed by your desires.
The Truth: God is enough.
The Lord is my Shepard; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
Be content with what you have, for he has said, ‘I will never leave you or forsake you.’ Hebrews 13:5
(Taken from Lies Young Women Believe, 204-205)
And one more…
8. Steph left a comment on yesterday’s post asking for Truth to counteract the feeling that she is not good enough unless boys like her or she has a boyfriend. This area certainly can be an emotional minefield! But God’s Word gives us plenty of Truth to overcome our emotions in this area. Here is a powerful Truth to counteract this lie.
The Truth: God has declared His love for you. Regardless of whether or not others see your worth, God knows you, loves you, and even woos you.
O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. Psalm 139:1-4
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7
The Lord has appeared to us in the past saying, ‘I have loved you with an everlasting love: I have drawn you with loving-kindness.’ Jeremiah 31:3
We’ll be talking more about emotions and feelings in the days to come. In the meantime, I would love to hear how God used these Truths to speak to your heart or other verses that you use to choose Truth when your emotions deceive you.