- A few hours after I started a new Lyme medication last Friday, I found myself thinking, “I can’t do this. How do I get through the day when I feel this bad?” A little phrase from an old “friend” came to mind: “Do the next thing.” Those four words have been running through my mind the last few days, so I couldn’t believe Kahria Lowe mentioned them on the Lies Young Women Believe blog this week! “When life is especially hard,” Kahria writes, “we can stop living, crumble, and give up, or we can cry out of the pain, stand to our feet, and choose to have hope. We can do the next thing, and the next thing is always to choose to trust in the faithfulness of Jesus.” Amen!
- “As Christian girls, we have a million reasons to give thanks, with the biggest being our salvation through Jesus. We should be the leading example of gratitude and joyfulness. Yet sadly, we’re often not; and it’s largely because we choose to focus on the wrong things. With Thanksgiving Day around the corner,” Kristen Clark (from GirlDefined!) thought it would be really good for all of us to refocus our thinking. “Choosing gratitude is the key to becoming a joy-filled woman, regardless of what happens in life. Let’s give thanks together!” Here are fifteen amazing things you can thank God for today.
- A few months ago, Robert Wolgemuth and Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth released their book You Can Trust God to Write Your Story, which includes stories of people “who have faced life-altering challenges but, in the end, have found God to be faithful.” Earlier this week, a thirteen-year-old girl posted her own review of the book and shared how it has impacted her life. As you read her review, ask God to show you some friends who would be encouraged if you gave them their own copy of the book this Christmas!
- “This season is always a time of reflecting and anticipating what’s ahead. Autumn, with its crisp blue skies, bright orange pumpkins, the smell of burning leaves, and even the rainy foggy days, is truly my favorite season,” writes Kimberly Wagner. “It’s the season when I take stock of the past year, and prepare for the next, by asking God to confirm what spiritual focus He wants me to have for the coming year. . . . Will you begin asking God to lead you, as you seek out what should be your spiritual focus for 2020?”
- I wish I could tell you that I recommend Pinelake Worship’s new EP, King Among Us, but I haven’t listened to the whole thing yet. Once I came across the song “From This Manger” (sung by Davy Flowers!), I put it on repeat and have played it over and over and over again. It’s so good! As you wrap yourself in your thickest wooly coat and head out into the snow this weekend, press play on this song and allow the hope of Christ to warm your heart!
Listings here do not imply endorsement of all writings and positions of the individuals mentioned.