Every human being on the face of this green earth has reasons to be thankful. Reasons like:
1. Breath in our lungs.
2. Food in our bellies.
3. The wonders of creation like:
5. Ocean waves
7. Platypuses (Surely every human can appreciate the humor in that wacky duck/beaver/otter combo!)
15. A body that allows us to function.
No matter who you are or what you believe, every person can come up with at least a few things to be thankful for.
Every human being on the face of this green earth has reasons to be thankful.
But those of us who follow Christ are given an extra-long list of reasons to give thanks. In fact, we have so many blessings in Christ, it would be tough to list them all. Let’s try it anyway. (I bet we can come up with at least 100.) Ready, set, give thanks!
16. God woke us up this morning (Ps. 3:5).
17. He will stand guard over us as we sleep tonight (Prov. 3:24).
18. God is the Creator of all things (Col. 1:16).
19. He gives all of mankind breath (Acts 17:25).
20. His love endures forever (Ps. 136:6–10).
21. When it comes to sin, He cleared our slate (1 John 1:7).
22. “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 8:1).
23. He has made us brand new (2 Cor. 5:17).
24. We’ve been born again (1 Peter 1:23).
25. He turns our weeping into laughing (Ps. 30:11).
26. He turns our mourning into dancing (Ps. 30:11).
27. He gives us what we need every day (Matt. 6:11).
28. He meets our needs out of His riches, not ours (Phil. 4:19).
29. Mountains of beautiful songs have been written about Jesus.
30. We will get to sing them for all eternity (Rev. 5:13).
31. God wants us to sing to each other (Col. 3:16).
32. He offers us citizenship in heaven (Phil. 3:20).
33. All the best stuff is yet to come (1 Cor. 2:9).
34. God keeps our tears in a jar (Ps. 56:8).
35. One day He will pour those tears out and replace them with joy (Rev. 21:4).
36. He has started a good work in us (Phil. 1:6).
37. He won’t stop working on us until we are a finished masterpiece (Phil. 1:6).
38. He has given us the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22–23).
47. He hears us when we pray (Ps. 3:4).
48. He doesn’t waste anything; He is working everything for our good (Rom. 8:28).
49. “God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord” (1 Cor. 1:9).
50. He always provides a way out of temptation (1 Cor. 10:13).
51. He convicts us of sin (John 16:8).
52. He knit us together in our momma’s womb (Ps. 139:13).
53. He delights in us (Ps. 147:11).
54. He sings over us (Zeph 3:17).
55. He throws our sin to the bottom of the ocean (Mic. 7:19).
56. “Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand” (Prov. 19:21).
57. Nothing is impossible with God (Mark 10:27).
58. He is storing our true treasures for us (Matt. 6:19–21).
59. We can come into His presence (Ps. 95:2–3).
60. In His presence there is fullness of joy (Ps. 16:11).
61. Every gift we have comes from God (James 1:17).
62. We have been adopted by God (Eph. 1:5).
63. He has given us the Bible.
64. The Bible is God-breathed (2 Tim. 3:16).
65. The Bible frees us from sin (John 8:32).
66. The Bible gives us joy (John 15:11).
67. The Bible cleanses us (John 17:17).
68. God generously gives us wisdom when we ask for it (James 1:5).
69. God uses our trials to make us stronger (1 Peter 1:6–7).
70. God’s love is eternal (Ps. 136:4–9).
71. Jesus never changes (Heb. 13:8).
72. Nothing can separate us from God’s love (Rom. 8:39).
73. He has given us the Church (Matt. 16:18).
74. He gives us other Christians to bear our burdens (Gal. 6:2).
75. He is making us (the Church) a pure, spotless bride (Rev. 19:8).
76. He gives us spiritual gifts (1 Cor. 12).
77. He makes us needed (1 Cor. 12:12–31).
78. He gives our lives purpose (John 15:16).
79. He has recruited us for a HUGE mission (Matt. 28:16–20).
80. Like a momma bird, He hides us in His wings (Ps. 17:8).
81. God is our healer (Ps. 103:3).
82. God is our deliverer (Ps. 18:2).
83. God is our fortress (Ps. 18:2).
84. God uses the hard stuff to teach us more about Him (Ps. 119:71).
85. God has compassion on us (Ps. 78:38–39).
86. God never stops forgiving us (1 John 1:9).
87. When we are sad, God lifts our heads (Ps. 3:3).
88. “No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their vindication from me, declares the LORD” (Isa. 54:17).
89. He gives us everything we need to live godly lives (2 Peter 1:3).
90. “He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities” (Ps. 103:10).
91. God sent His Son to die for our sins (John 3:16).
92. Jesus died for us when we were still sinners (Rom. 5:6–11).
93. Jesus obeyed the Father and took the punishment we deserved (1 Peter 2:24).
94. Because of the cross, we are no longer separated from God (Col. 1:21–22).
95. We don’t have to earn our salvation (Gal. 2:16).
96. The saving work of the cross is finished once and for all (John 19:30).
97. Jesus defeated death by rising from the grave (1 Cor. 15:55).
98. Jesus is coming back for us (1 Thess. 4:16–17).
99. He will create a new heaven and new earth so amazing it will erase our memories of this fallen world (Isa. 65:17).
100. We will live with Him forever (and ever, and ever, and ever) (John 3:15)!